Monday, September 15, 2008

Armstrong & Team take Snowmass.

Un retired 7-time Tour de France champion and Colorado pros take the 3-man division.
Lance Armstrong, Len Zanni and Max Taam take it by 6-minutes ahead of Team Beaver Creek.

When you are in the public eye, you are going to hear everything  "old vs. new".  Lance Armstrong puts some light and his intentions clear.  His real reason is the "fight against cancer."  I think most of us had one of those yellow bands to show support for the fight a few years ago. 

I suspect that a large % of us have lost a close family member from cancer.  I did, I lost my mother at a time when I was at age 23.  It changes your life!  With that, we welcome his efforts! 

Lance pointed out that he is also not happy with the media using "old generation vs. new."
In our view, he would be voted as the world's best and certainly most famous bike racer in any bike contest.  Old or new, Lance Armstrong brings attention to the sport.

I lived in the ritzy Colorado mountain town for about 6 years.  Training on most of the trails e.g. Red Mountain, Aspen to Snowmass to Buttermilk,  Aspen to Crested Butte etc...  It will kick you into shape!  

Taking the "Livestrong" message to all countries around the world is a good thing!    And we can applaud that also!

No comments: