Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hawaii Results!

When we went to work w/ Shonny Vanlandingham-Luna at Kona, we then headed over to Honolulu to fit and work w/ a few other folks.

At the same time, Dr. Michael McMahon, PhD-Physiology who's spouse was Sydney's 2000 Triathlete Olympic Champion came to Boca Cycling shop, watched & learned. Dr. McMahon did his PhD work on O2 uptake in cylcing in Switzerland. We spent much time, even days & nights, explaining how we used Myo-facts sEMG/Dartfish to teach & dial in the the best pedal stroke.

Dr. Michael McMahon even had Dr. Jan Prins, PhD, the Director, Biomechanics Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, University of Hawaii join us. We spoke about the subject of being more effective!

Below is a sample of that time spent on a better pedal stroke w/ local Mike Z.

Had my first race of the 07 Sunday, won by about 1.5 mins!. Only a 12.7 mile TT but I did it in 27-min 11-sec (official time was 28min something because I missed my start
time).. either way I still averaged 28.03mph or so... fastest I've ever gone and highest power I've ever TT'd at (400w!).

Didn't change my position at all... Just put on the aero bars on the road bike. Position felt good understanding I needed to lower my front end a bunch since I don't have a TT bike... to get my head out of the wind.

Mike Z.

What's in your game?

No comments: