Saturday, August 16, 2008

Josh Oppenheimer - Bike Fit or Solution?

The question is why should anyone get their bike setup using CAD, sEMG, and Dartfish?

After completing my fifth 24 hour mountain bike race I once again have been so pleased with my Wobble-naught CAD & Myo-facts sEMG/Dartfish solution. The 24 hour world championships in Canmore, Canada this year turned out to be the most technical and punishing race that I have ever done. This type of riding, over this amount of time, in these types of conditions have in the past slowly broken down my body. Although my body was pretty much mangled by the end of the 24 hours, I was still riding. Wobble-naught & Myo-facts sEMG/Dartfish has aided in the amount of time I am able to spend on my bike training, which in turn allows me to become stronger and eventually ride further in my races. This year I ended up 10th overall in the elite category. 

One of the biggest problems which avoided me from doing these races for awhile has been my lower back.  I was born with spondylolisthesis which is a slippage of my lower vertebrate. When agitated it hurts like a mother#$@!. I simply cannot keep riding. The stabbing sensation usually appears after about 2 to 3 hours. Wobble-naught & Myo-facts sEMG/Dartfish solutions has helped alleviate this pain and allows me to race for 24 hours.

Think about it, 24 hours of riding a bike at race pace is going to hurt, but if you can make it hurt less is a good solution. 

No comments: