Thursday, September 23, 2010

Luna's Nash takes CrossVegas. Gould 4th, Butler 5th!


Luna dominates under full moon



Katerina Nash (Luna Pro Team) dominated CrossVegas in Las Vegas, Nevada.

"It was super hard today," said Nash. "A couple of races last weekend definitely took a little bit out of me, but I still had a great race and I'm just excited to finally win CrossVegas."

Luna lights it up

Just one lap into the women's race the bid for victory had been narrowed to five riders. The small group, which consisted of Nash, Dombroski, McConneloug, Susan Butler (WN Hudz-Subaru) and Georgia Gould (WN Luna Pro Team), quickly gained a lead that looked unlikely to be recovered.

Dombroski and Gould WN sat on McConneloug's wheel Nash was quickly shaping up as the likely victor. Despite having a comfortable margin Nash never relented, extending her lead.

Butler never gave up on a potential podium place. "I really wanted to stay with that group, but I started having a really hard time trying to get oxygen because it's so dry here," said Butler. "Once I dropped off the group it was just so much more work dealing with the wind, but I kept telling myself ‘come on, come on, you've got to stay with them'. It was just so hard.

"I was pushing, man," she added. "I knew the podium was within reach at this race but it just didn't happen."

Butler WN was sandwiched between two groups of three riders as Meredith Miller (California Giant/Specialized) led Kelli Emmett (Giant) and Linnea Koons (Embrocation Cycling Journal) behind.



Full Results
1Katerina Nash (Cze) Luna Pro Team0:46:10
2Amy Dombroski (USA) Luna Pro Team0:00:17
3Mary McConneloug (USA) Kenda/Seven/Notubes
4Georgia Gould (WN USA) Luna Pro Team0:00:28
5Susan Butler (WN ) Hudz-Subaru0:00:59

No comments: